Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dr. Carrie's Visit

HAY!  February 7th was a sunny, beautiful day.  I was looking forward to either a ride or some serious pasture time with Texas Pete, my new buddy.  Mom said it was quite chilly but what do humans know about weather?  She decided to groom me outside since the barn was cold.  No problem.

What do you think about my mane and tail? My mane is getting thicker and longer.  Too bad Mom cannot give me bath so my mane and tail would be snowy white.  Speaking of snow, we have had none this winter but we have had lots of rain which makes great mud for rolling.

Awwww.  My adorable cheeky look just after a good grooming.  Good safety knot, Mom.  (Hope I do not regret those words?)

Who is this lady and why is she petting me?  MOM!!! Where are you???  What is the lady holding in her left hand?  Something does not seem right about this moment.  WAIT!!! I remember the lady, she makes pain for me.  Noooo...Dr. Carrie. HELP!! I need to run before it is too late.

Doc said: "This won't hurt ODIE.  Just be still."  WRONG!!!!!!!!!!  It does HURT!  Let go of my halter and stop jabbing me with those sharp things! MOM!!!!! OOOOUUUUCCCCH!

Good Grief, Doc!  Is that MY blood in that tube?  I feel faint.  MOM!!!!  This is the worst day ever.  I better get a peppermint for all this pain.
 
ODIE, little babies act better over shots than you have.  There is no way that three needles caused so much distress.  Dr. Carrie comes once a year for your vaccinations and your Coggins (the tube with your blood).  You are not in pain.  Ask Texas Pete about pain when he had his eye surgery for cancer.  

p.s.  ODIE got 2 peppermints, a lot of carrot pieces, many hugs and the afternoon in his pasture.  In an attempt to bond with Dr. Carrie, ODIE did his famous bow. 

2 comments:

  1. Camryn here:
    Oh, nooooo Odie are you OK? I can't believe your Mom would allow a vampire so close to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just popped over from Camryn's blog. My name is Pippin, I'm a Haffie, too. I don't care for shots, but Doc, my stable buddy is worse than I am. He actually moved away from the Vet giving a shot so fast, one time, that the needle was stuck in his butt. Hahaha.... he's a chicken.
    My Mrs.Owner loves the picture of you with your ears cockeyed. She says it's cute.

    ReplyDelete