Thursday, October 13, 2011

Odie's Fan Club

My #1 fan, Mom!



Hay all you ODIE fans, stand up and clap your hands!!! Mom worked with cheerleaders at her last teaching gig and has all these cheesy sayings.  I kinda like this one since it is about me. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZEeHqlI68&feature=related Do you like my "link"?  Those BIG BOYS are my idols.  I am a groupie for the beer horses.  I may be shorter but I think BIG, really BIG.  Alpha horse is the only way to be.




Cross Creek Stables, Mills River, NC  My barn is the best.  Check out those fans on every "room".  Room is the new "in" word for stall according to my dentist.

Last week was "Odie Fan Club" week at Cross Creek Stables, which means all the visitors were for me. Mom said if I kept doing MY blog, I might become "like so viral".  What??  (Odie, that means you will become well-known worldwide.  This could be awesome for Haflingers but more so for you.  Remember that cat, MARU, from Japan who is totally famous & even has a his own book? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C60_WTWaPfs   )
 Helllllooooo, Mom!  That cat is so stupid running into boxes that are too small.  Plez tell me that you don't watch that Maru show??? (I love cats, so of course, I watch Maru.  You like attention & fans.  Keep writing. Stop whining.)

Hay. I think Luke is my #2 fan at the barn.  He sorta looks like me in a really, really, really small version.  Reckon Luke would like to have his picture taken sitting on my back?  This could be like the barn mascot photo which would have horse owners begging to board at Cross Creek Stables.
My buddy, Luke, the Corgi.
  My first visitors were from my original club, C & M.  They are two little sisters who absolutely, positively, undeniably,clearly ADORE me. They run/scratch that/Aunt Janet does not allow running.  They hurry into the barn calling for me.  However, on the way to my ROOM, they are sidetracked by big Neli.  What is it about Neli that makes humans want to stop & drool.  I mean he is big, brown & has a black mane. So?  Just look at him and tell me who is cuter.
Neli
ME!

Why is that kid petting him?  She is here to see ME!
 Finally.  They manage to get to my room.  Come on, kids...pet me...give me a treat.  (Ooops.  Mom gives treats.)  Okay, so take me out of this room and brush me.   I need some serious attention.  Sorry, Aunt Janet.  Not like you have not spent the entire day  waiting on me....just need that little extra from the fans...ok?
Yeah, I like to have my feathers brushed.

Keep brushing. Why isn't your sister helping?

 NOOOOOO WAAAAY.  I am not going to put that muzzle on again today.  Forget it.  I wore it all morning and you are not...(Odie, enough already. Stop fidgeting.  This is your new muzzle.  Remember, you broke the old one; the one Palisander's owner gave you? This one is padded; won't rub your face. Winter is coming and then there will be no muzzle. This one looks good on you.) [I look stupid.  Can I have a carrot piece, plez?  Just to try out this contraption??]  Wow. Mom let the kids give me a treat.  Mom must be feeling really bad about making me wear this "thing".
Seems to be working with carrots.



Haffie love with the sisters:
    




 

WHOA!!  Hay.  This is Mom's sister.  She is a tad nervous around me, so Mom said I had to be on my best behavior. (Odie!  Be good! Sister is not a horse person but she likes to see you; thinks you are the cutest horse in the world and will pet you if you do not snort or push her. Think...carrots from Mom if this goes well...)

OKAY.  Like I am standing soooo still.  Is this good enough? Who is that dude on the other side with the shades on?  Why is your sister holding her glasses on my side?  Can you answer my questions, plez? ( Odie, this is not that complex.  You are standing just fine. I do not know why Sister is not wearing her glasses.  That dude with the shades is Sister's husband.  He thinks you are interesting; likes this barn and is asking Aunt Janet about horse stuff.  This is a good moment. You are earning carrots.)

NOOOOOOOO!  Not the muzzle of torture!  Your sister seemed so sweet, so little, so nice (maybe going too far now?) but no human is nice who condones "the muzzle".  (Odie, for crying out loud!!  I put the MUZZLE on you, not Sister.  Sister just happens to be standing beside you holding your lead rope and agrees with you that the muzzle must be terrible. Is she back in your fan club,now?  We are getting ready to take you to your pasture so you and Mars can spend the rest of the day playing.  Remember you can earn a carrot piece at turn-out.)  Whatever.

Sister likes Luke.IS ANYONE READING MY BLOG??? (Odie)




1 comment:

  1. Camryn here:
    Guess what my #2 fan is a Corgi too!!! Seriously, I got my own Corgi, only he's the Corgi with a tail as in Cardigan Welsh Corgi. Onyx is his name, he just got to make some puppies and there is a video of him and his girlfriend playing on my blog.

    ReplyDelete