Wednesday, January 4, 2012

One Year of Haffie Love... 2011

January 15, 2011... I met Mom and took her for a ride.  There was snow on the trail in Liberty, NC but I was careful.  Actually, it was love at first sight for Mom.  Mom could not stop hugging me after the ride or giving me carrots. Megan, my owner, wanted me to have a forever home and was willing to give Mom a try.  Dad was only interested in holding "Fuzzy", the cat.

Megan delivered me to Mom on January 21,2011.  How do I know all these dates, well duh...Mom told me.  I am now in the mountains of North Carolina and it is cold.  But Mom loves me.  Check out my mane.

This is Mom's favorite picture where I am not only adorable but inquisitive.

I call this "my precious look" , March in Dupont.  Keep looking at my mane.  Mom's sister calls this my "military look".

Kids ADORE me!!!  Here I am doing 4-H at Shoal Creek Farm in Dupont.

Baby, I'M A ROCK STAR!!  Listening to a 4-H  talk at Shoal Creek Farm while all the kids wanted to do was PET me and RIDE me!!!

OK.  So some days I got a little (lot) dirty playing in the pasture.  Look at my mane.

Mom tried to clean me but it was too cold for a bath.  Notice her lovely safety knot!

June 2011...horse camp at Shoal Creek Farm.  Loved all that grooming from the kids.

 
All right...enough with the kissing, Mom.  You are getting lipstick on my very clean face.  Is Mom wearing pearls to the barn??? 

Who is the most handsome Haflinger in the world???  Obviously, I am from the look on Mom's face!!  Go, ODIE!!!

Styling and walking calmly with Mom.  Summer 2011.  Aunt Kim, from Scotland, took this picture.

Handsome ME at Cross Creek Stable in the fall.

Check out my mane and the beginnings of my winter coat.  Hope I do not have to wear a blanket.

If you look deeply into my eye, you can see Aunt Kim taking my picture.  Cool, huh?  If you look even deeper, you can see how much I love Mom. I hope we have many, many years together.   LOVE....ODIE the Haffie Horse

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a handsome boy!
    How many hands is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camryn here:
    Wow, we gots some coincidences going on. My Mom first rode and fell for me Jan. 15th 2010!!! I came to live with her on Jan.20th though. Guess Jan. is a super month for both of us!!!

    ReplyDelete